Re: sprintf test failure?

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 09:48:44PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:

> Grant> Any suggestions on tracking down the source of the problem,
> Grant> should I choose to bet a few hours on that horse?
>
> The ARM has some funny layout of doubles in BE mode (or possibly LE
> mode) where the order of the words are different than the order of the
> individual bytes. I.e., EFGHABCD or DCBAHGFE... See what I mean?

Yup, It looks like the the type Cyg_libm_ieee_double_shape_type is not
right.

I'm stepping thorugh cvt(), and see the following values:

   ieefp.value == -2.5
   ieefp.number.sign == 0

ieefp.number.sign should be non-zero for values ieefp.value <= -0.0, so
the union seems to be wrong.  More news later...

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com