Re: Re: Ethernet and Serial drivers for Linux target?

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 05:37:29PM +0000, Bart Veer wrote:

> It may be better to look at syscall-i386-linux-1.0.S in the synthetic
> target HAL sources.

I've browsed through there already, and that looks like a good
starting point.

> Note that if you want more realistic device driver behaviour, with
> interrupts etc.,

Naturally one would.

> then you will want to experiment with asynchronous I/O, SIGIO
> signals, etc.

Never done async I/O before, never done direct system calls before,
been using eCOS for two weeks.  I'm practically an expert.

> If an eCos thread performs a blocking Linux read() syscall then you
> will block the entire eCos application, which is probably not what
> you want.

Of course not.

> Of course this makes the problem a bit more challenging :-)

If was easy everybody could do it, and then how could I walk around
feeling so superior?

--
Grant