ecos-SWtools

Hi all,

i am new at eCOS and i tried to install version 1.2 recently
on my Linux box. I'm running Suse Linux 6.1. I encountered a few
problems when compiling the SWtools (ecosSWtools-990319-src).
I applied the RedHat Patch, cause i had trouble to compile
expect. I do not know, if applying the patch was a good idea,
i only saw that some tcl and expect source files have been
patched and so i thought this patch would also work for my
Suse Linux, but it didn't. Has any one else run into troubles
compiling expect? (i'm sorry that i currently can not provide
the error messages i got)
Second on Suse Linux 6.1 there are 2 further problems. The
first is that there is no libtermcap.so in /usr/lib, so you
have to provide a link manually ( and do ldconfig). Second
the include file debugreg.h, which is needed building the debugger,
is not in /usr/src/include/linux but in /usr/src/include/asm,
so you have to copy or link it appropriately. I think i saw these
problems fixed in Suse 6.2.
Third i have another question: Most of the tools for the host
are already there on my system. Can i delete these entries in
the configure.in file (under host_libs and host_tools) without
worrying about dependencies, i.e. which of the host_libs and
host_tools are absolutely needed?

Thanks in advance

 Michael