[ECOS] Ports to MIPS targets (other than TX39)

    Andre> Is there anyone out there currently working on an ecos port
    Andre> to a MIPS target other than the TX39 ?

    Andre> I don't (yet) have any specific requirements, but an idea
    Andre> of the current level of activity in this area would be very
    Andre> useful to me (especially if it involves something a bit
    Andre> more generic than the TX39).

    Andre> Thanks in advance for any information.

Cygnus has already announced an eCos port to the NEC VR4300, for more
details see http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/hardware.html. We are
running an early access program for interested parties, the code will
be generally available later this year.

Over time we will add to the number of MIPS derivatives we support,
and have upgraded the MIPS HAL package to make this possible. In this
context any contributions as always are welcome. We are working with
semicons to increase the level of MIPS support.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer