[ECOS] Tools-build Error and SH board questions

Hello -
Question 1:
 My latest build of ecosSWtools reports _compiler errors_ in building libm.a
for some 'sh/m*' targets - details follow.  Are these serious? - any
suggestions?

Environment:
 RH6.0 Linux, building from the RH6.0-patched GNUPro source tree
("redhat-908010"), configuring to:
 --target=sh-hms \
 --prefix=/usr/local/ecosSWtools-990319 \
[etc]
(1) warns it will not support 'target-libgloss' and
(2) reports compiler errors building 'libm.a' in some
    target subdirectories.
(3) the overwhelming majority of the tools and libs now
    seem to build fine.
Detail:
I attach an elided build/install-log, identifying (I hope) the offending
sections. I also tried building with the 'egcs' snapshots, but the GNUPro
sources seem to get further. (Thanks very much to any brave soul who looks
into the build log - I'll be happy to provide all or any other snippets of
the log upon request.)

Question 2:
 I notice in the GNUPro sources there is a:
  [...]/src/libgloss/sh/sh2lcevb.ld
This is a loadmap for the evaluation board I am using (EDK7045F). Has anyone
targeted this board with all or any of eCos? Has anyone got a working or
partial port of CygMon, or a correspondent for one of Hitachi's monitors for
this board?

Thanks for any leads -

  John Mills, Sr. Software Engineer
  TGA Technologies, Inc.