Re: [ECOS] arm-elf-ld problems

Gary Thomas wrote:

> Well, -m=strongarm is only margninally supported in the sources you
> have, so this may be part of the problem.  In particular, some of
> the eCos specific support may not be present yet.
>
> I'd suggest that you start with some proper subset - try -m=arm710c
> for example - you'll probably have less trouble.

-mstrongarm seems to work fine so far. I've got eCos running on our
StrongARM hardware now with two threads controlling one LED each.

However; I've got no serialport or any kind of interface to it other
than our bootstrap; so I guess there's still a bit of work to be
done.

The only difference (AFAIK) between StrongARM and ARM7 (well, apart
from cachesize, pipelines, MMU control & other hardware details) is
the way you have to handle data aborts caused by ldm/stm.

> We have considered a StrongARM port of eCos, possibly you'd like to
> either collaborate or donate your work back to us?  Feel free to
> contact me privately as necessary.

Ofcause the eCos license will be followed. But so far; almost all
code is platform-specific to our platform. I've only #ifdef'd out
some code, added a pagetable (needed in our setup) and some MMU
control-code in arch/.../vectors.S. Other code is in our platform
directory.

I'll be happy to participate and (to my best ability) contribute in
any discussion about issues when porting to StrongARM. After all,
that's what this list is all about, isn't it? :-)

--
Dan Hovang (dh@ctech.ideon.se)
CTechnologies, Ideon Research Park