Re: [ECOS] Network Support

"David J. Fiddes" wrote:

> I know this is the wrong forum but....
>
> RTEMS (the first(?) Open Source RTOS ;) has a decent TCP/IP stack... and has
> a *LOT* of MPC860 people using it. I don't think that anyone has released a
> BSP for a generic MPC860 board but I'm sure that getting one together is not
> that tough.
> As far as RTOSs go RTEMS is somewhere between eCos and a larger RTOS like
> vxworks for features. Have a look at http://www.oarcorp.com/ for details.
>
> Dave

Jay Monkman wrote a generic BSP for the 860 and was going to submit it OAR Corp
for inclusion with RTEMS 4.  I'm not sure if it ever made it.  I used his alpha
release with a pre-release beta RTEMS 4.  It worked after a bit of massaging.
He has a new one now but I haven't tried it.  Join the RTEMS mailing list (via
http://www.oarcorp.com) if you want to discuss this further.

ftp://tempest.ece.uiuc.edu/pub/mpc860/rtems

Brendan Simon.
begin:vcard
n:Simon;Brendan
tel;fax:+61 3 9886 0269
tel;home:+61 3 9561 0817
tel;work:+61 3 9886 0128
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:CTAM Pty Ltd
adr:;;469 Springvale Rd;Glen Waverly;Victoria;3150;Australia
version:2.1
email;internet:brendan@dgs.monash.edu.au
title:Embedded Systems Design Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-7584