RE: Eagle 100 (Stellaris LM3S6918)

Hi Frank,

The same dilemma applies to the lm3s8xx package that covers 9 chips. It's not possible to guarantee that the package will work on all devices without any bug fixing but I think the priority is to avoid duplicating code.

> (2) I'm still unsure of how to implement the package when the different
> chips have different memory sizes. A quick look through the existing
> hal
> and all I find is hard-coded constants in the pkgconfig files.

One way to workaround that is to keep the memory layout in the board specific package. You can have something like:

lm3s\lm3s6xxx                      -> code common to all 19 chips
lm3s\ek_eagle100\                  -> board specific code
lm3s\ek_eagle100\include\pkgconf\  -> memory layout