Re: Announcement of eCos porting to Freescale Kinetis - Cortex-M4

Hi John

On 08.12.2010 16:43, John Dallaway wrote:
> Hi Ilija
>
> Ilija Kocho wrote:
>
>> We are announcing our work on eCos port to Fresscale's Kinetis Cortex-M4
>> controller family.
>> http://www.freescale.com/kinetis
>>
>> The initial port shall consist of:
>>     - Kinetis Variant (with eventual Cortex-M architecture adjustments
>> if necessary);
>>     - TWR-K60N512 Platform;
>>     - Serial device driver (UART);
>>     - Ethernet driver (may come little bit later);
> That is excellent news, thank you for the notification. It would be
> great if you could structure the variant package to accommodate future
> support for the K10/K20/K30/K40 parts if and where this might be
> appropriate.

Many thanks for words of encouragement and for hints.
I haven't browsed manuals of all Kinetis members, but I'll aim for
having all under a single variant (if possible without too much clutter
in sources).
I haven't looked at the details of all family members but from
Freescale's overviews it seems that with exception of Segment Display
Controller K60 is superset of other devices. I hope (but can't promise)
to get everything under a single platform CDL.

>> We shall contribute the port so I would ask for project registration.
> Now added to the table:
>
>   http://ecos.sourceware.org/contrib.html#registered

Many thanks for registration.

Best regards