Re: lwip 1.3.2 port

John Dallaway wrote:
Hi Simon

Simon Kallweit wrote:

Hi John,
Hi Ganesh

Nice to hear that you are using the lwip stack and it is working fine
for you. Currently, I hold the lwip code in my own git repo, shared with
other changes I have done to eCos. The plan was to get my current lwip
code into the CVS. John, I think it's about time to get this done. I can
do one latest merge with the lwip 1.3.2 codebase and then we should be
ready.

I still have some local changes concerning ppp in my repo (which are
absolutely necessary in my current project). But I think we should keep
these changes in for a while. It seems like some work is done in the
official lwip repo, concerning ppp. But these changes will only be
available in future 1.4.x releases. The current stable release is 1.3.2,
and will be for a little while. When we get to a stable 1.4.x release,
it may be a good time to get back to the lwip repositories ppp code. In
the meanwhile, I'll keep track of what's happening in the official repo
and try to incorporate my changes into the official repo (support for
ppp in a single-threaded lwip environment).

What do you think?

Sounds good to me. Please let me know when your final lwIP 1.3.2 tarball is available for download/review.

Ok, I merged the 1.3.2 stable code and did a few quick tests (the changes are not huge). The tarball is at http://download.westlicht.ch/lwip-20100122.tar.gz

Simon