Re: [ECOS] TWI/I?C driver for AT91

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 05:42:11PM +0100, Tom Deconinck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if there exists a driver for the AT91 TWI peripheral?
> It's Atmels implementation of I?C and it's used on the AT91SAM7S
> family (and derivatives).
> I would create a driver that fits in the eCos I?C driver (master
> only), but I wanted to check to make sure nothing alike already
> exists.

I've been involved in a none eCos project which used an AT91SAM7S and
the TWI port. This turned out to be more difficult than expected. If
you don't feed it data fast enough it stops the transfer mid message
with an abort of something. Also, there is no DMA for this device. So
you need to make sure your other interrupt handlers are fast or you
run into problems.

    Andrew