Re: Suggest some project idea for our contribution to eCos community

> How about these:
>
> -implement unicode for microwindows

Not really an embedded systems project, more of a computer graphics
project.

> -I heard that there must have been some GUI memory layout tool in
> ecos 1.x which hasn't made it to 2.x, work on this one

Humm, that could be useful, although i suspect it will be painfull to
adopt. Its been dead for too long and i many of the current .mlt files
are broken.

> -work on kernel instrumentation, the docs say it will be improved
> and host-side tools will be implemented somewhen in the future, but
> it hasn't happened yet (AFAIK)

There is already a very basic tool. I wrote it. But a less cryptic
tool would definiately help. This would also give a good insight as to
what actually goes on inside an RTOS. I like this idea. Take a look at
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/kernel-instrumentation.html

and

http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ecos/packages/kernel/current/host/instr/readme.txt?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=ecos

        Andrew