Re: [ECOS] Implementing JVM for ecos

> On Monday 12 July 2004 10:07, Chris Gray wrote:
> >  Last year an Italian student called Andrea Scian was working on
> > Wonka-arm7-eCos, but I'm not sure what she finally achieved.
>
> That should of course be "what _he_ finally achieved". :) With thanks to a
> list member who came right out and told me the thing I'd never dared
ask...

> Grmlbmpfh
>
> --
> Chris Gray                      /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
> Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi        http://www.kiffer.be/k/
> chris.gray@kiffer.be                         +32 3 216 0369

Hi Chris,
Hi all,

First of all thanks to who answer to your "unsaid question": it's better to
use the male gender when speaking about me! ;-)

To summarize what I've done last year, I've ported both Kaffe (v1.1.0) and
Wonka (v0.9.6) on an ARM7TDMI-MMU less based board. In my port Kaffe runs
under uClinux OS and Wonka under eCos.
They both works well even if in my experience there was a problem of
performance on Wonka/eCos, compared with Kaffe/uClinux (It runs slower in
most of the tests that I've done for my thesis).

Andrea Scian

DAVE Srl - Electronics System House
via Forniz 2/1
33080 Porcia (PN) - Italy