Re: Serial driver for ARM s3c4510

Roland Caßebohm wrote:
On Freitag, 24. Oktober 2003 06:25, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

Roland Caßebohm wrote:

Maybe it is also possible to have this in the serial io package

cdl_interface CYGINT_IO_SERIAL_TEST_DEV {
   display     "Serial testing device"
}

and cdl_option CYGPRI_SER_TEST_SER_DEV implements it if enabled?

I don't see an interface helps any.

Sorry, I have a little bit switched the topic, I thought if the are two packages which could define the option CYGPRI_SER_TEST_SER_DEV the interface would help avoid conflicts, because both could be enabled.

However since the value of the option is the most important property, I'm afraid that probably won't help.

I imagine whatever solution is used
for CYGPRI_SER_TEST_SER_DEV should also be used for
CYGPRI_SER_TEST_TTY_DEV.

I agree.

But for now, to have a solution for me, I will make one platform specific serial driver package which will include the two drivers generic 16x5x and arm s3c4510. This package will only one time implement CYGINT_IO_SERIAL_TEST_DEV and related things. Doing like this the package behaves like all the other platforms. But I will left it as three cdl files to be more clear.

Given the current structure, that's probably a fair compromise, but more sweeping work will be needed sometime in the future as Bart correctly points out, and more care is needed there to ensure we don't regress on what gets tested.

Jifl