Re: eCos efficiency

PRINCE ARORA <prince at cdotd dot ernet dot in> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I heard that eCos is very efficient RTOS for embedded devices. Since in
> case of embedded devices main work of OS comes into picture when embedded
> device gets active.
>
> For a project, in which many eternal processes are
> running 24hrs and 365 days in a year and lots of process
> scheduling/de-scheduling takes place, is the eCos is efficient for that
> type of system ?

Yes. There are no limits in eCos on the number of threads you can
create. The scheduling algorithms are all constant-time, so scheduling
latency is independent of the number of threads in the system.
Obviously the latency between a thread being woken up and it actually
starting depends on how many other threads of higher priority are
current running, but that's true of any OS.