Vs: Timer interrupts and scheduler

I´m working with a partly port of Ecos (1.3, CVS updated) to a MIPS R3000 platform.
I´m having some trouble figuring out how and when to call system timer functions and scheduler from within a timer interrupt ISR.
Currently I have no timer ISR, but I do have timer interrupts coming in all the time.

Which actions should a timer interrupt ISR (VSR? DSR??) perform?

Hope somone can clearify how these thing are interconnected in ecos.

Regards

Stephen Mose Aaskov
Engineer, R&D
2M ELECTRONIC A/S