Re: host tool to control RedBoot

> I can believe it, although looking on my system, there is only
> G-kermit, which doesn't support scripting. And Kermit95 is pay
> software.

I'm using c-kermit on Linux (I just mentioned Kermit95 for 'political
reasons' :-)

> Anyway, if you already have a script, we could check it in as a
> template :-).

My JTAG to PXA works for reading the flash, now I have to add writing
support. Once I have this, I'll be brave enought to dig in bootloader.
Currently I have not yet decided if I go for blob (minimalist), armboot
(medium) or redboot.

As far as I know, the copyright dispute with Intel has not been solved,
so there is still no PXA code in redboot.

I fear that redboot is too complex for me. Some months ago I tried to
port RedBoot to the SA-1110 based Accelent IDP, with little success.
After some days I declared a cease-fire and went over to blob. I got
blob running in a very short time on this board.

On the other side: RedBoot supports some nice things that blob doesn't,
e.g. tftp ...

Anyway: ONCE my JTAG is working for flashing AND I do redboot THEN I
will contribute my c-kermit scripts :-)

--
MN-Logistik GmbH         http://www.mn-logistik.de
Holger Schurig           Network Administrator