This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: [docbook] Re: Markup for application features
- From: Georges Schmitz <georges dot schmitz at heitec dot de>
- To: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Cc: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:47:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: Markup for application features
- References: <41A2FA71.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Norman Walsh wrote:
/ Georges Schmitz <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
| I'm searching an adequate markup for the features of a program. Eg. in
| the context of a text editor I would like to markup "Spell Checking"
| or "Line Wrapping". I thought of something like <application
| class="feature">Spell Checking</application>, the attribute role is
| too weak in my eyes, but the attribute class is already reserved for
| hardware and software. So is there any better solution?
You could use 'property', I suppose. Or perhaps, 'option' or 'parameter'.
None of those is perfect, but in the context of this document, you might
bend one of them to the task.
Thanks for the suggestion; I think "property" will best meet what I want to