[docbook] Re: DocBook documents in CVS

/ Kai SchrÃder <cyberian@arcor.de> was heard to say:
| Hi all,
|
| what is the best solution to use CVS keyword expansion together with DocBook?
|
| To put $Date$ in //bookinfo/date is clear, but what tags are for $Revision$

I tend to (ab)use releaseinfo with a role.

| and $Log$? There is the revhistory tag, but how to fill using keyword
| expansion?

There's no good way to do that. What you really want is to parse the $Log$
and fill out a revhistory, but that's not something CVS can do by itself.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The one serious conviction that a
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | man should have is that nothing is
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | to be taken too