[docbook] Can't describe a API

Hi,

im trying to describe a per api wich is part of a software documentation.

In 'free hand' mode i would describe a sample api like this:

(key=>Array of [Value]) get (key);
and
Boolean add(key=>Array of [Value])

If i describe it in this way:

I geht This:
  • Add Element

    Boolean add(Key, [Value]);
    Key, [Value];

Which looks in my eyes a bit ugly. (I cannot see the sense of the last line "Key, [Value];")

Can aoyone tell me how to describe smart api's.
It would be great if i could use the semantic way. But if not possible i can bring it to the right form by hand. (no <funcsynopsis>)

Thank you.
--
Tilman Baumann

pyramid computer GmbH
Boetzinger Strasse 60 D-79111 Freiburg

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve
neither liberty or security
- Benjamin Franklin