This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
[docbook] ulink and alternate transformations
- From: Jeffery Biss <jeff at marco-inc dot com>
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:26:39 -0600
- Subject: [docbook] ulink and alternate transformations
I just realized that if I use the ulink element and wish to produce say,
for simplicity's sake, two output formats: PDF (with links) and html I
had no idea how to deal with that in the XML source. As I see it now
there are two possible options:
1) Two source files, one for each output format:
ulink for html output: <ulink url="someFile.html">some file</ulink>
unlink for PDF output: <ulink url="someFile.pdf">some file</ulink>
2) One source where the file name is supplied without an extension:
<ulink url="someFile.">some file</ulink>
where the stylesheet must add the appropriate extension.
Which way is correct? I would think that there must be a method that
allows a single source to produce a large variety of transformed output
without requiring rework of the source. Any help would be greatly
Thanks, Jeff Biss
To unsubscribe from this list, send a post to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/.