Re: [docbook] Error processing FO output from docbook-xsl

Jeff Beal wrote:
and

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-pi
"PITarget ::=  Name - (('X' | 'x') ('M' | 'm') ('L' | 'l'))"

Other than that the document seems to be valid DBX 4.2.

Did XML Spy insert this PI?

I don't believe that section prevents PI targets from _starting_ with 'xml',

I had only glanced over this portion of the spec and somehow thought that PI target names had the same constraint as namespace prefixes:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#xmlReserved
"Namespace Constraint: Leading "XML"
Prefixes beginning with the three-letter sequence x, m, l, in any case combination, are reserved for use by XML and XML-related specifications."

only equalling xml. The text below this definition states, "The target
names "XML", "xml", and so on are reserved..."

Thus "so on" stands for "xML" etc, not for "xmlfoo"? I think you are correct.

But then xmllint is wrong when it says:

-:2: warning: xmlParsePITarget: invalid name prefix 'xml'
<?xmlspysps C:\Program
           ^

Daniel, if you hear me, should I file a bug report?

There's nothing wrong with
XML Spy using 'xmlspy' as its standard processing instruction target.

AFAICS you're correct.
(the problems I mentioned I had with Spy were not related and were much more severe)

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/