[docbook] Re: XML Editors

> having been through the "which editor should i use" wars myself,

I have seen surprisingly little fighting about this in the DocBook
community.

More like a shared frustration that there aren't really any
satisfactory editors out there, to offer today's MSWord users.
No free tools, at least.  I've heard good things about XMetal, but I
have never tried it.

I use GNU Emacs/psgml, which works great for me, with DTD-aware
element insertion and attribute editing, XML tree navigation and
editing, folding, and validation.  But I wouldn't dream of even
_proposing_ it to someone who today uses MSWord.

- Steinar