Re: [docbook] Programming language in programlisting

Why don't you create a new one, if you are going to do something cool like that? Then you can save role for profiling. If you want to convert old documentation that already uses role for something else, it can be changed with your new attribute addition.

Another possibility is, of course, to put some kind of indicator in the program listing itself.

scott

From: Lars Trieloff <lars at trieloff dot net>
To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
Subject: [docbook] Programming language in programlisting
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:05:05 +0200

Hi,

I am writing a Saxon-Extension for Syntax-Highlighting code in programlistings. My question is, how to specify the programming language of the code in the programlisting.

As I understood lang, it is only for human languages. The other option seems to be role, so which version is better?

<programlisting lang="java">

or

<programlisting role="java">

with best regards

Lars Trieloff

For additional commands, e-mail: docbook-help at lists dot oasis-open dot org