Re: PNG scaling for XML->FO->PDF transformation

Good morning Thomas,
you can use width and depth

<imagedata fileref="Decission_payment_generation.gif" format="GIF" width="16cm" depth="22cm"/>
</imageobject></mediaobject></figure>

In most cases, this doesn't look too good in the HTML versions, though. A future release of the style was promised to offer an option for this.
Stephan

Thomas Singer wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to docbook, so my question might be a simple one.

I write docbook XML and transform it into pdf using saxon and fop (latest downloads). PNG files are embedded into <graphic fileref="filename.png"/> elements. But for some unknown reason, they are always scaled to the full width, except if multiple (e.g.) graphics are on the same page. But even in the latter case, they aren't scaled by the same factor. A small dialog will become just a little bit smaller than a full screenshot.

I've tried to use both, the scale and the scaletofit parameter, but nothing changed.

Could someone please help me, how to scale the files to be a little bit smaller, so they will require less space (that was my goal ;-)). Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Tom