RE: LaTeX -> DocBook

Dave Pratt wrote:

+++
I am new to DocBook and LaTeX though both are very understandable and seem
to have their purpose and niche. I am wondering if there is an extension to
LaTeX to permit a LaTex to Docbook translation of some type. ...
Also trying to figure a way for there to be a less
complicated way to create a DocBook so that LaTex could be converted to
DocBook...
+++

If you haven't already, get hold of a copy of "The LaTeX Web Companion"
by Goosens and Rahtz (Addison Wesley, ISBN 0-201-43311-7. This
explains how latex tools like tex4ht can be used to export latex to
html or xml. No exact tips on DocBook though -- it'll be up to you
to the exact mapping of latex tags to docbook ones (_mostly_ obvious
I would think). Perhaps if you ask on comp.text.tex or comp.text.xml?

cheers,

Christopher Gooch, Technical Author
LightWork Design, Sheffield, UK.