Re: newbie: partitioning docbook documents

> That's easy, just drop them in a separate file and point to them.
>
> <programlisting><textobject>
> <textdata fileref="pathtoprogramlisting"/>
> </textobject>
> </programlisting>

that doesn't seem to be implemented by docbook-xsl. I get a

 file:///usr/local/docbook/xsl/html/docbook.xsl; Line 75; Column -1; No
template matches textdata.

but maybe I need to update. I'll check that.

> | do I have to declare external entities for that? I have played around
> | with that but ran into problems (CDATA section was not parsed when in a
> | separate file). could anyone give me a working example for the two things
> | I describe above.
>
> Not parsed? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

sorry, my fault, that's hard to understand.  I got a parser error but I'll
check that again as it's most likely a problem with the parser and not
particular to docbook. I must make sure I didn't screw up before I bother you
with that again.