Re: curious about duplicated elements

/ "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@mindspring.com> was heard to say:
|   as i peruse all of the elements, i was curious about the fact that
| contain a <bookinfo> element, which itself can contain a <title>.
|
|   this kind of duplication seems to be fairly rare -- a <book> can't
| directly contain, for example, an <authorgroup>; that has to be
| within the <bookinfo> element.  any reason why title, subtitle
| and titleabbrev have this extra flexibility?

It was before my time, but I think the reasoning was that every book,
chapter, section, etc. should be required to have a title, but that
requiring it to have an *info wrapper in order to have a title (and
perhaps because the title couldn't be made required in the *info
wrapper) was too burdensome.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Some disguised deceits counterfeit
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | truth so perfectly that not to be
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | taken in by them would be an error