Re: Re: Issues with processing expectations of the proposedannotation element

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:13:22AM -0500, Michael Smith wrote:
> I wouldn't be in favor of deprecating footnote either; the name is
> very clear-- I think everybody understands exactly what it's for

I think you're exactly using as an argument for keeping it the
argument I'd use for trowing it, with a difference in formulation:
everybody think they understand what it's for.  Especially they
sometimes complain when it's rendered as endnotes, just because they
expect it to be "notes at the foot of my page", which is exactly a
layout decision, and we're usually trying to stop users to think about
the layout, when they write their document...

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique