Re: Urgent: user experience with 4.2CR1?

/ Michael Smith <smith@xml-doc.org> was heard to say:
| I think it definitely should be an error to have both turned out
| simultaneously. But we could wrap the error text in a comment:
|
|   <![%sgml.features;[
|   <![%xml.features;[
|   <!-- ERROR: Exactly one of xml.features and sgml.features must be turned on! -->
|   ]]>
|   ]]>
|
| Would that be acceptable? I realize it's kind of a hack, but it keeps
| dtdview from complaining at least.

Yeah, but it doesn't give the user who's made the mistake of turning
them both on any feedback. That boils down to just documentation.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The things we have most longed for
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | do not happen; or if they do, it
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | is never at the time nor under the