DOCBOOK:RE: DOCBOOK: adaptation to IEEE article format

Dear Radoslaw

>Abstract
>
>The abstract is to be in fully-justified italicized text, at the top of
>the left-hand column as it is here, below the author information. Use the
>word "Abstract" as the title, in 12-point Times, boldface type, centered
>relative to the column, initially capitalized. The abstract is to be in
>10-point, single-spaced type, and may be up to 3 in. (7.62 cm) long. Leave
>two blank lines after the abstract.

The processing of DSSSL Stylesheets is executed by Jade or OpenJade. Both
have a non-standard extension to allow the use of multiple columns, but
what you ask for is the complex page features in the DSSSL standard, which
are not yet implemented.
Although, there are four projects in course to extend the capabilities in
OpenJade, and one of the projects is destined to fully implement page and
column models in a few months. Perhaps, it is not sure, bidirectional feature
will also be implemented in parallel. But it looks like a substantial modification
that will generate an independent project.
In the meantime, you just have the jade page-n-cols extension. I have experienced
the same problems as you, and centering in a 2 column scenario places things
in midpage, rather than in midcolumn.

Javi

 ˇ Ahora GANA VIAJES
navegando GRATIS con Tiscali !