Re: RFE #480954: Extend textobject to insert external files

/ Bob Stayton <bobs@caldera.com> was heard to say:
[...]
| I'm generally supportive of this approach to including
| text files as valid objects.  But I question its inclusion
| in inlinemediaobject.  Consider that the textobject is
| to be linespecific, that is, needs to preserve

There's nothing linespecific about the textobject itself. It gets that
property from the container that it's in. Just like <emphasis> isn't
linespecific except inside other linespecific environments.

| whitespace.  What is it doing inline?  Surely you don't
| expect to put a linespecific text object in the middle of a
| para.

Uh...well, not unless you put a programlisting in there. :-)

| I suggest adding textobject and textdata as valid children of
| programlisting and literallayout.  I think that would

Textobject or textdata? I don't think it makes sense to add both.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | It is as easy for the strong man
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | to be strong, as it is for the
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | weak to be weak.--Emerson