Re: Transforming SGML

/ Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk> was heard to say:
| For matter of interest why was a fileref added to the equation elements
| in the first place?  What was the rational behind it?

There's no fileref on the equation elements themselves, only on the
graphic elements. At the time we added equations to DocBook, there was
no markup for mathematics, so the only alternative was to allow
graphics for the equation content.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The stone fell on the pitcher? Woe
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | to the pitcher. The pitcher fell
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | on the stone? Woe to the