glossary redux

I noticed the discussion yesterday about glossaries, and I seem to have a
related question. I'd like to convert an existing dictionary I've written
from HTML to DocBook (either SGML or XML). Based on Norman Walsh's reply
at http://sources.redhat.com/ml/docbook-tools-discuss/2000/msg00280.html,
it seems that I should be able to hack the DSSSL stylesheets so that I can
have one glossary source file (e.g., SGML) output a separate HTML for each
<glossdiv/> using jade (just as I can do when <article/> is the root-level
element). However, when I add the appropriate lines to dbchunk.dsl based
on the URL noted above, I don't get chunked output when I type 'db2html
myglossaryfile.sgml' (or when I use jade directly). Would it be better for
me to use DocBook XML + XSLT for this as opposed to SGML?

Thanks!

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre