Re: What should a <sidebar> look like?

/ Jason Foster <jafoster@uwaterloo.ca> was heard to say:
| I had this crazy idea that the <sidebar> element would be appropriate.  It'
| s not perfect, as I don't think a <sidebar> can be a child of a <para>

No, what you really have there is marginalia, not sidebars. I agree
with Yann that the most appropriate markup is probably <footnote
role="marginalia"> or something like that. I don't know of any
SGML/XML publishing systems that support marginalia, however.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | As charms are nonsense, nonsense