This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Questions on <systemitem> and its class Attribute
- From: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:19:51 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: DOCBOOK: Questions on <systemitem> and its class Attribute
- Reply-to: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
To me it seems that the <systemitem> tag is used as a container where more
specific elements would have been much cleaner (and clearer), but nobody
dared to create more specific markup.
- <systemitem class="systemname">
- <systemitem class="username">
- <systemitem class="osname">
- <systemitem class="...">
Why aren't there elements like
for all the values of the class attribute? <systemitem> as it's used now
just seems like tag abuse.
Thanks for enlightening me on this issue.