Re: Hyphenation of a German text

Stefan Wintermeyer wrote:

> simple Problem: I have a German written document. I uses <book
> lang="de"> for declaring it (is that the mistake?). How can I create a PDF
> with a correct hyphenation? Evertime I create PDFs it has no
> hyphentation at all.

You must turn on hyphenation in stylesheet. There is parameter for doing
it in both XSL and DSSSL stylesheets, look for it in documentation.

Second issue is support for hyphenation in formating tools. If you are
using JadeTeX or PassiveTeX you shouldn't have problems as your TeX
setup probably comes with German hyphenation patterns.

> Norm, BTW you should add some more information about non-english
> language support for Docbook in you documentation. just my 2 cents.

Nothing stops you from writing some documentation about this topic and
sharing it with others. Norm can't do everything, I think that also his
days have only 24 hours.

You can find some info in my slides at

http://www.kosek.cz/xml/dboscon/ucel/frames.html

It is primary focused for Central and Eastern European languages, but
many informations are usable for other languages as well.

Hmm, now I realized that I have also article on this topic, I should
make it accessible somewhere.

			Jirka