dynamically generated online help

I am completely new to this list and heard about DocBook only recently.

I work for a software dev company that is trying to integrate it products
under one
web-based UI. The goal is that when you purchase two or more of our
products,
the UI will dynamically change to reflect additional products as they are
installed.
We need an online help system that accommodates this - one that dynamically
builds at
install time, adding field help and topics as necessary.

As I was reading up on XML over the web, I stumbled on DocBook.

Does anyone out there have experience with this sort of thing? I would
appreciate any sort of advice!

thanks,

Joyce Cohen
User Information Group