Help with chapter headings in conversion to HTML

All -

I've spent some time digging, but have gotten lost. What I'm trying to do
is get the style sheet to quit printing Chapter, the number and the chapter
title at the start of each chapter in the document.

For example:

What I'm getting:
         Chapter 1. Title here

What I want:
         1. Title here

I found in html/component.xsl where that is defined, but then get lost
following the <xsl:apply-templates select="$node"
mode="object.title.markup"/> to see what is doing the work.

I'd appreciate any help or pointers to the next step, since I seem to be
having problems following off the mode="object.title.markup" part.

Oh, Jean, based on your reply to my suggestion on modifying the param.xsl
file, I started building driver files. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Derek
djdees@mm.com
http://www.mm.com/user/djdees/

"Out the 10Base-T, through the router,