Re: <*list> In or After <para>?

David Cramer <david_cramer@broadjump.com> writes:

> The reply/question is really more appropriate for docbook-apps. I notice
> that when I have
>
> <para>
> Text. Text. Text.
> <orderedlist>
> <listitem>
> <para>
> Text of list item one.
> </para>
> </listitem>
> <listitem>
> <para>
> Text of list item two.
>
> Using Norm's xsl stylesheets, in the html output, I get:
>
> Text. Text. Text.
> 1. Text of list item one.
>
> 2. Text of list item two.
>
> However, in the fo/pdf output, it does what I would expect and prefer:
>
> Text. Text. Text.
>
> 1. Text of list item one.
>
> 2. Text of list item two.
>
> This happens even now matter how I set spacing.paras.
>
> Is there something I'm missing?

I think I'm not seeing what you are saying it's wrong. Is it the
presence of the blank line before 1. in fo/pdf output?

If it is, you shouldn't count on it.

The HTML output should be something like:

<ol>
<li>...</li>
<li>...</li>
</ol></p>

And that's exactly what you've said up there.

I'd say if you want to always have the output like what you get with
fo/pdf, write:

<para>...</para>
<*list>
  <listitem>...</listitem>