Re: Searching the archives?

on Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 05:59:21PM -0600, Beth Fischi (bfischi@broadjump.com) wrote:
> Could anyone tell me if there is a way to search the DocBook archives?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Beth Fischi

The are downloadable in text format, and small enough that you should be
able to parse them with tools on your own system.  Otherwise, I'd use
the advanced features of an index such as Google to search the site if
downloading isn't an acceptable response.

For my own part, I'd like to know what I can do to convert the
downloaded files into a proper 'mbox' style archive.  It's far more
convenient for me to browse the archives in the mailer of my choice
(mutt) than as a text or otherwise unstructured document.  I believe a
simple sed/awk/perl script should do the trick.

PGP signature