Scaling graphics to available space

Greetings,

We are using ADEPT Publisher 9.0/Document Architect 9.0 (Windows NT) and two
DTDs (doctypes) based on the DocBk XML DTD V3.1.4.2. We are using OmniMark
code to publish to HTML and JavaHelp.

We need to be able to publish our XML data to various media, including paper
and HTML. Right now, I am most concerned with scaling graphics for our paper
output in two formats--one is 1 column and the other consists of 2 columns
(both on 8 1/2 x 11, portrait). We need to be able to scale graphics based
on the text area available. I have spent a number of hours studying our DTDs
and FOSIs without coming up with a solution.

I feel certain someone else has grappled with this question. If so, can you
lead me in an appropriate direction?

We are looking into switching from FOSIs to XSL for formatting. Does this
option suggest a solution?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Ann M. Greenseth
Compuware Corporation
x1535
414-319-1535
Remember--no matter where you go, there you are.