Re: OT: DocBook and Literate Programming?

El mar, 11 de jul de 2000, a las 04:15:17 +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer
dijo:
> On Monday 10 July 2000, at 23 h 38, the keyboard of "Jeff Duska"
> <jeff@duska.com> wrote:
>
> > Next, which is the better way to create a DocBook project today.
> > Should I use XML or SGML?
>
> I would say XML, without hesitation. The future versions of DocBook
> will be XML-only, anyway.

Or XML ``compliant'' SGML?  I mean using SGML code which can be easily
converted into XML, using <xref/.../> and the such.  That way you could
have a present and a future?

> > I figured you'd want to use XML, but I don't understand where all
> > the tools are to get a printed document created.
>
> Remember XML is a subset of SGML. Any SGML tool will be fine, while we
> wait for XML-specific programs to mature.

Speaking of which, I've been trying to get some SGML reference docs
converted to troff through XML.  I've used sgml2xml (which sort of
works) and then docbook2man (which didn't work).

I still want to work it out that way but eventually it might not work
the way I want to due to multiple files conversion and the use of
various entities.  So, does anyone know of a more straight (SGML ->
troff) tool for this?

Regards,

--
Horacio					Anno MMDCCLIII A.U.C.