Re: new problems with xt and passivetex...

"Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Arrigo Benedetti writes:
>  > I'm trying to typeset the following XML document (test.xml), compliant
>  > with the Simplified DocBook XML V4.0.1, by using the latest DocBook XSL
>  > stylesheets:
>
> The Docbook XSL stylesheets us an old version of the XSL FO spec;
> PassiveTeX implements (partially) the current draft, so don't expect
> it to work in this situation.

Thanks much for the information Sebastian.

> you can cut out all this verbosity by uncommenting
> \xmltraceoff in xmltex.cfg
>
>  > Any ideas? Should I try jadetex instead?
>
> depends what you are trying to achieve...
>
> sebastian

I'm simply trying to find and set up the right combination of tools that will
allow me to generate a decent looking pdf file from an XML document compliant
with the Simplified DocBook DTD containg some figures in eps format. If I
could generate HTML from the same document I would be even happier, even
though this is not a strict requirement at this time.

Best,

-Arrigo
--
Dr. Arrigo Benedetti                e-mail: arrigo@vision.caltech.edu
Caltech, MS 136-93	  			phone: (626) 395-3695