This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: markup suggestions for protocol descriptions?
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: markup suggestions for protocol descriptions?
- From: eichin at thok dot org (Mark W. Eichin)
- Date: 30 Mar 2000 10:37:05 -0500
- References: <NDBBIIHEHKELNKJMKEKGOEFECDAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
Hmmm, when you put it that way, it occurs to me that if I want to
avoid too much stylesheet work, and I *can* represent what I want with
a table, then I could get the best-approximation-of-both-worlds by
writing a DTD extension, and then a Docbook+extension->Docbook-table
down-converter, and use all of the standard tools from there. That
would let me write with higher level semantics in that one area
without having the maintenance nightmare that DTD-extension normally
is. Interesting, I'll have to play with that...