Re: Docbook and XSL stylesheets

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Guillaume Rouchy wrote:

> My reason would be to keep only the XML document on your server... not
> 2 versions of the same document (in my case single source document is
> even more important since I produce HTML, RTF and PDF from my XML).

The problem with this is the processing time.  Most current XML-processors
(especially those which end with PDF) is rather slow, meaning that the
experience of your website would be suboptimal, unless you invest in
suitable hardware.

Moving the XML-processing offline would also make you less vulnerable to
the slashdoteffect.
--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen               "...plus...Tubular Bells!"
  http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~ravn