This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: Docbook and XSL stylesheets
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Docbook and XSL stylesheets
- From: Guillaume Rouchy <rouchyg at gatwick dot geco-prakla dot slb dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:40:11 +0000
- CC: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at pasteur dot fr>
- Organization: Geco-Prakla
- References: <200003100920.KAA05659@ezili.sis.pasteur.fr>
- Reply-To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Thursday 9 March 2000, at 17 h 11, the keyboard of Guillaume Rouchy
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > So basically, no browser are able to display directly (I mean on the fly)
> > an XML document with its XSL stylesheet.
> In practice, this is mostly true.
> > We need to produce HTML server-side with an XSL engine. Is it fast enough
> > to be able to display the document on the fly ?
> Why not producing them off-line, like most of the XML authors do? Because 'dynamic' is a buzzword for the suits?
My reason would be to keep only the XML document on your server... not 2 versions of the same document (in my case
single source document is even more important since I produce HTML, RTF and PDF from my XML).