RE: "SYSTEM" specification required

Joachim,

WP cannot resolve the public IDs. You need to add them to your catalog. You
are correct in that you have to update your compile.cat file. Add lines
similar to the following (it's a while since I run WP9 and I don't have it
installed anymore, so this is from memory)

PUBLIC "-//OASIS//ENTITIES DocBook XML Notations V4.0beta1//EN"
      "<some-path>dbnotnx.mod"

where <some-path> is either an absolute path (e.g., c:\sgml\dtd\docbookx4)
or a relative path from the directory containing compile.cat (e.g.,
..\..\..\sgml\dtd\docbookx4).

I was not able to compile the DocBook 3.1 DTD (I think I was trying to
compile the SGML version, though) with WP9, even with patch 1. WP crashed
during compilation--that's why I gave up. Please let us know if you succeed
in compiling this DocBook 4 beta XML DTD.

Good luck!

Gershon.

Thus wrote jvjena@cs.tu-berlin.de:

When compiling DocBook XML DTD V4.0beta1 with the
Wordperfect 9 DTD-Compiler I get several error-message from the
WP DTD-Compiler, all off the same type: