Re: Debugging a jade/openjade error message

/ Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com.br> was heard to say:
| I have a file which is considered valid for nsgmls and onsgmls but,
| with jade or openjade I get this error message:
|
| jade:/home/ldp/SGML/conectiva/../dtds/../style/dsssl/docbook/lib/dblib.dsl:1782:12:E: argument out of range
|
| How can I look for some errors here? What argument is being passed? Is
| there a "debug" mode which I can enable at de stylesheet or document
| or even at command line so that I have more information?

From (recent) experience, I can guess what the problem is.

You've got a <?dbhtml ...?> PI and you've left out a quote mark:

  <?dbhtml filename=foo"?>
                    ^
                    missing "

The stylesheets ought to be more forgiving, or at least catch
the error, but they don't.  I'll add it to my list.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Growth for the sake of growth is
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the ideology of the cancer
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | cell.--Edward Abbey