Re: Glossary database

/ Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> was heard to say:
| On Wednesday 26 January 2000, at 11 h 0, the keyboard of Jorge Godoy
| <godoy@conectiva.com.br> wrote:
|
| > Has anybody here implemented something such as a glossary database? I
| > was thinking about having some files with glossterms and including
| > just the necessary definitions on each book.
|
| I'm afraid this cannot be done in pure SGML (there is no
| BibTeX for SGML) and you have to rely on external processing
| with M4 or ePerl or similar.

Well, it's really a matter of processing expectations, isn't it?
One could write a stylesheet that had this result. But maybe that's
not pure SGML either :-)

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | A man may fulfil the object of his
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | existence by asking a question he
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | cannot answer, and attempting a